Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting out of the studio...

I shot these portraits in the backyard. The background is a non-reflective black cloth (think velvet) that I hung over the backyard swing which subbed as my backdrop stand. I positioned the backdrop to block the setting sun which cast a beautiful shadow in which I placed my subjects. There was no reflector or other light used other than the light from above. Using the Canon 5D set at RAW, an iso of 100 for fine grain, f-stop of 4 for shallow depth of field and a shutter speed at a 60th of a second with the IS on. I processed the images through Aperture and used the NIK's Silver EFX Pro plug-in for black and white conversion set at neutral. I added a slight sepia tone, spotted and added a little softness with Imagenomic's Portraiture plug-in and there you have it. Thanks....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing at least one inside secret on these shots... Beautiful subjects... Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no secrets anymore. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete