Friday, April 23, 2010

To facebook or blog, that IS the question...

Someone recently stated that blogging for photographers was dead and that energy should be geared towards social networking, i.e., facebook and twitter to name the most popular. In my very humble opinion I adamantly disagree. I do believe that facebook and twitter are awesome components to networking a photography business, but I also believe that it is essential that one maintains their identity and brand via blogging. In the vast arena that is social networking it's easy to get lost amongst the shuffle. How does one differentiate oneself on facebook? I don't have the answer, but I do know that facebook in itself is a brand, a social networking brand and I do believe one day it will be replaced just like myspace. Remember them? So for now, I'll keep with the troika, my blog, facebook and twitter. And as time goes by, my blog will always be here.

By the way, I added some images to my facebook portfolio and updated my website portfolio, below are couple from a recent trip to South Dakota. Got to keep up....

best,
~  Oliphant

Photobucket

Ronni - Badlands, South Dakota

Photobucket

Crazy Horse - Black Hills, South Dakota

Photobucket

Goats - Badlands, South Dakota

Photobucket

Mount Rushmore



2 comments:

  1. Hey James. Great article and awesome photos. I've heard the same thing, but I love blogging, connecting with others and sharing more about myself and my work on a regular basis. I've recently integrated Facebook with my blog by adding the "like" button to each post on my blog...I hear that it'll do wonders with search results in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Larry! That's a great add-on from Facebook, I'll be implementing shortly...hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete