Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Holidays

To those that know me it's no secret that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Simply put, it's a time to be thankful and grateful for what you have and spend time with family and loved ones. I get a feeling of nostalgia mixed with melancholy as I think of my Grandmother cooking breakfast and dinner simultaneously on Thanksgiving morning. I close my eyes and envision that old A-framed corner house on the southside of Chicago and I smile. Our home was full of love and my Grandmother was the embodiment of that love. Tomorrow will be my first Thanksgiving without her and I'm oh so thankful that I had her in my life for 42 years. I'm thankful that she showed me the meaning of unconditional love. So with that said, I fly back to my home town tomorrow to spend the holiday with my Mother who carries on the tradition. I called her today and of course she was already prepping, just like my Grandmother. That unconditional love thing...she's got it too and I'm oh so thankful for her as well.

Today my girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Christmas and my answer to that question was..."I all already got it."

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment